The School of Dance offers a number of Bachelor, Associate and Certificate programmes:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Performance and Choreography (4 years)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Traditional and Folk Dance Studies (4 years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Dance Education (BAE) (4 years)
- Associate of Arts (AA) in Dance Performance (2 years)
- Certificate in Dance Performance (2 years)
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Dance Technique (1 year)
- A Certificate in Dancehall Studies will be added to the programme for the 2017-2018 academic year.
These developments were fuelled by the School’s mandate to continually provide quality training in all aspects of dance theatre and production (performance, choreography and production), as well as the need to provide young people in Jamaica and the Caribbean region with higher and more globally recognized qualifications. Further focus on cultural identity and folk forms and an increased fervor of the artist as a cultural agent, particularly in indigenous genres that have a significant sense of identity, unique branding and cultural presence, saw the development of the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Traditional and Folk Dance Studies at the School of Dance and the Certificate in Dancehall Studies.
View Course Information
Download and view Dance programme and courses