The Edna Manley College welcomes applications from individuals with significant experience but less academic qualifications in the field of art they wish to pursue. Prospective mature candidates with insufficient qualifications may consider taking courses in preparation for entry into the programme of study they wish to pursue.
Candidates aged 25 and above, may enter the course with less academic qualifications provided they show aptitude for learning and have sufficient experience of working within their chosen field. Students’ life experiences are also taken into account.
Our courses are degree-level, and all applicants, regardless of age, are required to demonstrate the ability to meet the full academic requirements. Course lectures may set work relating to your chosen field to evaluate your ability in this area. Every application is considered on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible for Mature Student Entry, applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- Be 25 years of age or older
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in teaching or practicing in the art form
- Be successful at the audition or portfolio interview
- Be successful in the entry exam of the School to which application is made
- Be successful in the English Proficiency Test
- Demonstrate academic competence/readiness for Programme
- Demonstrate professional competence
The EMCVPA’s courses are tertiary-level, and all applicants, regardless of age, are required to demonstrate the ability to meet the full academic requirements.