Due to restrictions in licensing agreements, access to certain databases is restricted to registered students, staff and faculty at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts only. An indication will be given for such databases.
- Caribbean Artists Database:- http://emc.edu.jm/artlibrary/search
An EMC internal database link needed for Caribbean Artists Database
- EBSCOhost Research Databases:- http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip
The Library has subscription to the following databases through Ebsco Publishing:
- Academic Search Elite
- International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance with Full Text
- Professional Development Collection
- Education Resource Information Centre
- Caribbean Search
- World Politics Review
- Newspaper Archives of the Jamaica Gleaner:– http://gleaner.newspaperarchive.com
The Newspaper Archives of the Jamaica Gleaner provides access to archived full text newspaper articles of the Jamaica Gleaner from as far back as 1834 and can be searched by keywords and dates.
Authorized access is restricted to EMC students, staff and faculty only.
Contact your Librarian for the username and password.
The Library now has one year subscription to two online libraries: Naxos Music Library and Naxos Music Library. Please click on the following links which will re-direct you to the website. Music Library and Naxos Music Library Jazz contain invaluable resources for staff and students of Music.
These span a range of standard and specialist repertoire with over 40,150 CDs and over 574,500 tracks. Click on ‘Quick Tour’ tab for an overview of the service.
- Naxos Music Library [Available on EMC campus] – http://EMCVPA.NaxosMusicLibrary.com
- Naxos Music Library Jazz [Available on EMC campus] – http://EMCVPA.NaxosMusicLibrary.com/Jazz
Open Access Journal
- AERA SIG Communication of Research:- http://aera-cr.asu.edu/ejournals/
|Justin’s Drama and Theatre Links||http://www.theatrelinks.com|
|Art Images for Collection Teaching||http://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/aict?g=art-ic;page=index|
|VADS: Visual Arts Data Service||http://www.vads.ac.uk|
|International Directory of Design||http://www.penrose-press.com|
|Visual Collections: Images of Art, History and Culture||http://www.davidrumsey.com/collections/|
|Caribbean Music Database||http://www.caribbeanmusicdatabase.com/|
|American Musicology Society||http://www.ams-net.org/}|
|Society for Music Theory||http://societymusictheory.org/}|
|Society for American Music||http://www.american-music.org/|
|International Musicological Society||http://www.ims-online.ch/|
|Royal Academy of Music||http://www.ram.ac.uk/|
|Andrew Furmanczyk Academy of Music||http://www.youtube.com/user/lypur|
|Music History 102: a Guide to Western Composers and their Music from Middle Ages to Present||http://www.ipl.org/div/mushist/|
|Ricci Adams’ MusicTheory.Net||http://www.musictheory.net/|
|Music Genres List||http://musicgenreslist.com/|
|The History of Music||http://webpages.shepherd.edu/BREICH01/|
|Timelines of Art History||http://www.art-and- archaeology.com/timelines/tl001.html|