All applicants to the EMCVPA must offer evidence of creative ability and ability to complete tertiary studies through the following requirements:
- Educational Background
- Portfolio Assessment/Drawing Examination/Audition
Download & Print the 6 step checklist and application form
The application form can also be filled out electronically using Adobe Acrobat Reader
What you need to apply
Evidence of your educational background.
If you are applying for any of the Degree Programmes (Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Arts and Associate of Arts) at the Schools of the Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, Music and Arts Management and Humanities, (AA, BFA, BAE, BM, BME, BA Arts Management, BA Drama in Education and BA Dance Education), the minimum requirements are:
Five (5) subjects at the General Proficiency Level, in any of the following combinations:
- A minimum of five (5) subjects at CXC/CSEC grades 1, 2, or 3 (Grade 3 will be allowed after 1998) or two (2) CAPE subjects grades 1 to 5 and three (3) CXC/CSEC subjects grades 1 – 3 (Grade 3 will be allowed after 1998).
- Three (3) or two (2) G. C. E. ‘A’ level subjects grades A to E, and three (3) ‘O’ Level subjects grades A, B or C or equivalent.
- Five (5) subjects at G.C.E ‘O’ level grades A, B or C.
* English Language is mandatory for all applicants to the Degree and Certificate Programmes.
** English Literature at the CXC or CAPE Level is an asset for applicants to the School of Drama.
NB. You will also need to prepare for an audition and portfolio assessment. View information about the audition and portfolio assessment requirements in our Admissions Process section.
If you are applying for any of the Certificate Programmes in Visual Arts, Dance Performance and Music, a minimum of two (2) CXC/CSEC subjects at the General Proficiency Level grades 1, 2, or 3 (Grade 3 will be allowed after 1998).
Applicants to the Certificate in Music Programme must attain, on Principal Instrument, a minimum level of ABRSM Grade V or equivalent and a minimum level of ABRSM Grade V Theory or equivalent, in addition to the matriculation requirements stated above.
* English Language is mandatory for all applicants to the Certificate Programmes.