Deadline for Submission of Entry Forms:
Friday, November 28, 2014
Deadline for Submission of Final Entries:
Monday, January 19, 2015 at 12:00 noon
- Only one entry will be accepted per entrant. Entries may also be a collaborative project between no more than two (2) individuals.
- Submissions must be created from non-traditional, non-textiles materials. These may include plastic, paper, cardboard, stones, and leaves, twigs, wood, cans, wire, and metal.
- Each design must fall into one of the two following categories:
- Fashion Accessories (jewellery, hats, bags, footwear)
- Fashion Design (wearable – swimwear, casual wear, formal, bridal)
- Entry form and concept brief must be completed and submitted by in sealed envelope and delivered to the SVA Textiles Department.
- Concept brief should consist of 300 words or less outlining the design concept for entry inclusive of materials to be used. Indicate your reason for the choice of material(s) and a sketch of the design on legal size paper (8.5” x 14”).
- Entries should be of a high standard in terms of finish and durability. Unfinished entries will be automatically disqualified.
- The designer(s) retains full ownership of entries. Participants agree to grant the Alternative Fashion Show partners and stakeholders a non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, exhibit, publicly display and distribute their submitted entry for any activity hosted by Alternative Fashion Show partners and stakeholders for no greater than two years.
Criteria for Judging:
- Design: Originality/Creativity
- Authenticity: Fully integrates the idea of recycling and reuse by nature of the material used and how the materials were obtained
- Innovation: Innovative approach to design and execution
- Eco-friendliness: Respect for the environment in materials and production techniques
- Functionality: The item is wearable and shows thorough consideration for its practical use
Fashion Show: January 2015 (date to be announced)