Financing your tertiary education is among the most important of student responsibilities. All students must fulfill their financial obligations by adhering to the EMCVPA fee payment policies, including payment deadlines. The fees students are expected to pay are:
- Tuition Fees
- Ancillary Fees
- Halls of Residence Fees*
It must also be noted that all student fees are due and payable before the start of each academic year.
Lower Level – FINANCIAL OPTIONS
EMCVPA holds firm that the investment in a tertiary education is one of the most rewarding decisions an individual can make. In keeping with this, we encourage our students to explore various options to assist in financing their educational pursuits. Some options include:
Semester Payment Plan
Students can also benefit from a tuition payment plan where tuition fees can be paid in two (2) installments of 50% at the beginning of each semester. This plan attracts a tuition installment fee.
Scholarship & Bursaries
Scholarships are available for fulltime registered students who are Jamaican nationals and have successfully completed at least one year of study at the College with a minimum B average.
All applications for scholarships must be submitted by March-April of each year for award in August. The criteria for selection and award are available at the Registry. The Scholarship Committee, headed by the Assistant Registrar or her nominee, is responsible for viewing all applications and making selections based on criteria set out by the donor agencies.
A listing of organizations and individuals granting scholarships is outlined below:
|Grace Kennedy Foundation||All Schools|
|Roy Hall Memorial Scholarship||Drama|
|Louise Bennett Coverly Memorial Scholarship||Performing Arts|
|Earl Warner Memorial||Drama|
|The Jamaica Committee||All Schools|
|Restaurant Associates Ltd. (Burgher King)||All Schools|
|Carreras Ltd||All Schools|
|Institute of Jamaica (Rex Nettleford Scholarship)||Dance|
|JPENT Studios||Performing Arts|
|The Rex Nettleford Foundation||Dance|
|Jerome “Jah Jerry” Haynes Foundation||Music|
|Cecile Boswell Facey Foundation Ltd.||Visual Arts|
|All Stars Initiative||Dance|
|LBW Trust||All Schools|
|JMMB-Joan Duncan Foundation||Arts Management|
|Jamaica Musical Theatre Company- Christina Bennett Scholarship||Performing Arts|
|Jamaica America Friendship Association- Angella Harvey Scholarship||Music|
|PATH Bursary||All Schools|
|CHASE Fund||All Schools|
|Mona Baptist Church- Douglas Samuels Memorial Scholarship||Education Students- All Schools|
|Mandeville Art Fair Julie Lyn Scholarship||Visual Arts|
|EMCVPA Arts Foundation||All Schools|
We accept payments from all reputable financial institutions that offer loans to qualified students to finance tertiary education including:
- Credit Unions
- Student’s Loan Bureau (SLB) https://www.slbja.com/#
On Campus Student Employment
In their second year of enrollment, students are eligible to apply for various part-time employment positions in the EMCVPA Student Employment Programme. Students can apply for positions in the CAG[e] Gallery, Multimedia, IT, Library, Office Services, Student Services, Marketing and Art Therapy Departments. Placement in these areas is based on availability of spaces and the student’s area of study.
Jamaica Values and Attitudes Project (JAMVAT)
JAMVAT is a government-run volunteer/financial assistance programme for tertiary students. It allows you 30% of your tuition in exchange for 200 hours of community service in any government institution or non-profit organization. You also receive a $10,000.00 stipend upon completion of the 200 hours.
If you have been approved for the programme you may apply to the Student Loan Bureau for a tuition loan of up to 70%.
How do you qualify?
- Must be a Jamaican national
- Must be registered in a full-time programme
- Must NOT be employed
- Must be 16-35 years old
- Must have a GPA of 2.75
- Must NOT be a pre-qualifying student
- Must NOT already have a first degree
- Must NOT be repeating your course of study due to academic failure
Procedure for applying
- Download application form from www.moeyc.gov.jm
- Return completed application form with accompanying documents (check website) to the Guidance Counsellor.
- Check for notification of approval from the website.
The application process opens in the second semester of each academic year. Check the notice boards in the second semester for this information.
Lower Level – Study Abroad Partners
Fully registered EMCVPA students in year 2-4 with a 2.8 GPA and above average are eligible for our exchange Programmes.
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts at Arnhem, Enschde and Zwolle, The Netherlands- Open to Fashion, Design, Fine Arts, Dance and Music students in years 2 and 3 only
- Campus Caribbean Des Arts (Caribbean Campus of teh Arts), Martinique- open to Visual Arts Students in years 2 and 3 only
- San Francisco State University, USA- Open to all schools
- Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
- State University of New York (SUNY), Brockport- available to full time Dance, Drama or Visual Arts students, though preference is given to Dance students
- Point Avent, France- open to Visual Arts students
- Carleton University- Canada Music Students