To enrich the aesthetic sensibilities and promote the cultural diversity of the Caribbean through the highest quality education and training in the Visual and Performing Arts.
- To develop the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts as a centre in arts and culture, by creating a physical and an academic environment which will engender the highest quality study, research, scholarship and the pursuit of academic excellence.
- To strengthen and broaden relationships between the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts and its stakeholders by promoting partnership and collaboration to support the development of the arts and encourage networking.
- To ensure a sustained social and academic environment that develops graduates who are devoted to sound moral, social, spiritual and ethical principles in their professional lives and leaders in the practice of the arts.
- To create opportunities for economic enterprises that will support the development of the institution and the interest of the Edna Manley College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- To provide quality staff who will support the mission of the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts, be devoted to lifelong learning and professional growth in their area of expertise.
Our Core Values:
The Edna Manley College is committed to the following as an essential part of its purpose as an institution of higher learning:
- Diversity: We value diversity as part of our commitment to academic and aesthetic freedom and respect diverse opinions among faculty, staff and students.
- Service: We value diversity as part of our commitment to academic and aesthetic freedom and respect diverse opinions among faculty, staff and students.
- Innovation: We value innovation as the key to original thoughts and seek to bring new and innovative ideas to enhance the work of the College as well as to create new knowledge in the visual and performing arts.
- Transparency: We value transparency as essential to open and accountable governance by seeking to operate in an egalitarian environment that involves all stakeholders in our decision-making.
- Commitment: We value commitment as vital to institutional and administrative loyalty and pledge to be committed to the ideals, mission and objectives of the College as well as to the services in which we are engaged.
- Partnership: We value partnership as an important condition for stakeholders’ participation and seek to forge alliances to facilitate the development and progress of the College.
- Lifelong Learning: We value lifelong learning as a basic philosophy of self-renewal, scholarship and institutional growth and seek to encourage this as essential for all.
- Integrity & Ethics: We value personal and institutional integrity, and are committed to consistent justifiable moral and ethical principles.
- Truth: We value truth as the fundamental gateway to enlightenment and human dignity and seek to express this in our lives and imparting it to others.
- Respect: We value respect for self, others and the environment as a critical self-defining element, and a source for building and maintaining good relationships and achieving success, and seek to exercise this at all times.